Gombault Damien wrote:

> I noticed a display bug with the completion menu.
>
> If accented characters appears in the completion menu, some others characters
> from the edited file appears too in the menu ! It's quite difficult to
> explain so I've made some screenshots. You can also notice these "bad"
> characters appears only if a filename is displayed next to the word.
>
> Screenshots taken from  Ubuntu Feisty (VIM 7.0-164) :
>  - GVIM (GTK+) with custom config :
> http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/21/vim1et2.png
>
>  - GVIM (GTK+) with custom config (another colorscheme) :
> http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6541/vim2jb9.png
>
>  - GVIM (GTK+) with default config :
> http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/2661/vim3fp1.png
>
>  - VIM (gnome-terminal) with default config :
> http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6716/vim4xk5.png
>
> I noticed this bug with :
> - GVIM (GTK+) 7.0-164 (Ubuntu Feisty)
> - VIM (gnome-terminal) 7.0-164 (Ubuntu Feisty)
> - GVIM (GTK+) 7.0-201 (Gentoo)
> - GVIM (x11) 7.0-201 (Gentoo) (I have not tested x11 on other builds)
> - VIM (konsole) 7.0-201 (Gentoo)
> - GVIM (GTK+) 7.0-219 (custom build on Gentoo)
> - VIM (konsole) 7.0-219 (custom build on Gentoo)
>
> I have NOT noticed this bug with :
>  - GVIM (win32) 7.0-219 (Cream build without Cream config)

A few questions:

- What is 'encoding' set to?
- What is the actual text in the entries with problems?  Give this
  byte-for-byte.  You may need to insert an entry to find out.
- Can you reproduce it by setting 'omnifunc' to a simple function that
  returns a fixed list of text entries?  If so, please give us the
  script with this.  Otherwise, give us a text file to reproduce the
  problem.
- The entries in the menu appear not to be sorted.  How did this happen?
- What did you type to get to these screenshots?

--
"When I die, I want a tombstone that says "GAME OVER" - Ton Richters