I really didn't think Peter said anything that was a flame.  Perhaps he
didn't read the whole thing, but I, too, initially walked away with the
same conclusion was he did, and I *have* been using Vim for a long time.
(I just know better because I've been here longer.)

Suresh, on the other hand, was pretty much out of line and actually took
it to the level of personal attacks.  Makes me wonder if he's really
Sven Guckes in disguise.

Salman.