Yakov Lerner wrote:

> Is it possible to add this item to the vim voting list ?:
>
>   "collaboration of N vim instances editing same file"
>   -- Ability of N instances of vim to absorb, merge and show changes
>   to the same file made by other running vim instances [ either by reading
>   other vim's swapfiles, or somehow else ] ?

It's an interesting idea.  Won't be easy to implement in such a way that
it works on most platforms.

It will probably require a server to make it possible for various Vim
instances to find each other.  And to take care of authentication.
Perhaps such a server already exists?

> Can this be added to SOC ?

Too late.

--
What a wonderfully exciting cough!  Do you mind if I join you?