Yakov Lerner wrote:

> Wish: when search is slow, show the progress line number
> every second on the bottom line (like, 12345 of 99999).

What is slow?

Checking if the second passed will make the search even slower.
Checking time is quite slow on some systems (the check for CTRL-C
suffers from this).

> Maybe this can be done with plugin, I'm not sure.

Probably not without a big performance hit.

> Maybe simply status line can be refreshed once in a second,
> temporarily setting line number to the current search position.

That would be confusing.  Need to show it somewhere else (but where?).

> Some regexes take half minute to several minutes time on multimegabyte
> file. It would be nice to see the progress numbers onscreen.

True.  Some of my functions also echo the current line number now and
then.

--
"You know, it's at times like this when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with
a man from Betelgeuse and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I