Anatoli Sakhnik wrote:
Hello!

On RHEL4 works well!

On Fedora Core 6 couldn't automatically determinte $VIMRUNTIME, lacked
the last part 'vim71a' in the path when I tried to open a file (say,
Foo.hs). Without initial file opening from command line works well.

On mingw (Windows XP) couldn't compile the gui version with errors:
gui_w32.c:236: error: redefinition of `struct tagNMTTDISPINFOA'
gui_w32.c:246: error: redefinition of `struct tagNMTTDISPINFOW'.

Please note, that I downloaded only unix and extra packages. Sorry, I
don't have enough time to dig these problems.

-- Anatoli Sakhnik.

What is the output of ":version" in your FC6 Vim? In particular, does it include lines beginning with the following, and what do they say?

  fall-back for $VIM:
 f-b for $VIMRUNTIME:

By default (i.e., if no directories were specifically specified at configure time) "fall-back for $VIM" is "/usr/local/share/vim" and "f-b for $VIMRUNTIME" is not shown, which makes it default (in Vim 7.1a) to $VIM/vim71a

If you compile Vim yourself, installing your source in a tree rooted at <something>/vim71a/ then using "make" followed by "make install", it should then install (if you use default install dirs) the binaries in /usr/local/bin and the runtimes in /usr/local/share/vim/vim71a/. This is how it happens on my SuSE 10.2 system; it oughtn't to be any different if you compile Vim yourself on FC6.

Of course, you must not mix pre-compiled files from Vim 7.0 with sources from Vim 7.1a; in particular, the first 7.1a build MUST NOT be made in a directory tree with a preexisting configure.cache or a preexisting nonempty auto/ directory from 7.0; It MUST be done "from scratch" in a build directory tree containing ONLY fresh 7.1a sources.

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Too much of everything is just enough.