Ian Young wrote:

I have a couple questions to start things off. First: I couldn't see
much need for 'fuzzy matching' in Vim, but some of you are probably
much better acquainted with regexp use cases than I am.  Would this be
a useful feature to have available?

As you likely know, fuzzy matching hasn't been available in Vim.  One place
it has been useful is in suggesting spelling corrections; I myself used agrep
in the engspchk.vim plugin to support fuzzy matching.

Bram already has a spelling error suggestion feature, so I have no idea if the
fuzzy regex would help with it or not.

What I think could be more useful would be boolean logic for regexp. My LogiPat plugin provides this capability, but undoubtedly it'd be better if somehow it could be incorporated. The resulting patterns from LogiPat seem to me to be somewhat opaque.

Regards,
Chip Campbell