2013/7/26 Filip Kadlec <kadl...@fzu.cz>:
> Hello Bernhard,
>
>   I don't have a solution to your problem, just want to note that in my
> case "u" undoes the whole word (or typing sequence) straight, no
> letter-by-letter behavior occurs. My version of vim is 7.3, too. This
> works regardless of whether the latex suite is loaded.
>
> Hope this helps, Filip

Hello Filip,

Thank you for looking into it. I am pretty sure that it's indeed not
the LaTeX suite's fault, since I have now compiled vim myself (both
7.3 and the current Mercurial version) and everything works as it
should, also with the LaTeX suite. It seems that the problem concerns
the Arch Linux package of vim.

Best regards
Bernhard