I think it's been a long-standing problem that Vim's built-in spell
checking breaks when Vim's standard syntax/tex.vim is used with the
vim-latex suite.

* If you stop using vim-latex, then syntax/tex.vim still properly
highlights, but spell checking starts working again.

* If you are using vim-latex and you set your filetype to something
other than "tex", spell checking starts working again (but syntax
highlighting stops working).

I noticed today that if I try to turn on syntax/tex.vim's syntax-based
folding in my .vimrc:

let g:tex_fold_enabled=1

then spell checking in vim-latex starts to work again (but folding is
totally broken).

        Turning off Vim-LaTeX folding (setting g:Tex_Folding=0) doesn't fix the
problem. The only thing that fixes the problem is setting
g:tex_fold_enabled=1, but I'd rather use Vim-LaTeX's folding.

        Has anyone managed to solve the spell-checking problem for good in the
latest versions of Vim? It seems to be a moving target...

        --Ted

--
Ted Pavlic <t...@tedpavlic.com>