Hi,

I would guess that your vim tries to compile the document with latex instead of pdflatex. Try to add

        let g:Tex_DefaultTargetFormat = 'pdf'

to your ~/.vim/ftplugin/tex.vim

Best regards,
Gerd

On 30.04.19 17:26, Daniel Ricardo Barrero wrote:
Thank you for your interest, professor Wachsmuth, and I apologize for so late a response.
What happens is the following:
In gvim, if I load the package \usepackage{tikz-cd} and then write the code for a simple tikz commutative diagram (such as a commutative square with four letters and four arrows), compile it, and then view the output with xdvi, arrows and letters assume places that do not match. Moreover, the diagram elements seem to scatter through the page and superpose themselves to the preceding text. In vim, the package \usepackage{tikz-cd} simply does not seem to load, i.e. the document does not compile. And this seems to be the only problem, because when I replace the text "\usepackage{tikz-cd}" with "\usepackage[all]{xy}" the document compiles with no problem. Begging your pardon, I will attach a couple of screenshots relevant to my inconvenient.

Thank you for your attention,
Daniel R. Barrero R.