On Thu, May 25, 2006 at 09:39:37AM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
> On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 06:42:36AM -0700, Furash Gary wrote:
> > My vimspell with 7.0 seems to work okay on the mac os x at first - it
> > shows words with problems, but if I right click and pick a replacement
> > word it crashes.
> > Gary Furash, MBA, PMP, Applications Manager
> > Maricopa County Attorney's Office
>
>      I cannot reproduce this problem.  What version of OS X are you
> using (and if it is 10.4.x, is your machine Intel or PPC based)?  Did
> you compile yourself or where did you get Vim.app?  Please give your
> :version output and details on what leads to a crash.
>
>      I tested with OS X 10.3.9 (PPC) vim 7.0 compiled with "huge"
> features.
>
>      I do see other problems with spell checking from the PopUp menu; I
> will discuss these on the vim-dev list.  The crashing problem should
> probably move to the vim-mac list.

     Now I can reproduce the problem.  It depends on how I start vim.
:-(  Also, the problems I saw on Linux/GTK2 are either solved by setting
'mousemodel' to "popup_setpos" or else unreproducible. :-(  I have two
ways to start Vim.app :

(1) From Finder.app, find Vim.app and CMD-O (or double click).

(2) From a shell, use the gvim shell script, which does the same as
$ /Applications/Vim.app/Contents/MacOS/Vim -g &

     Start Vim.app either way.  Do

:set spell

and enter the text "hjkl" into a new buffer.  Either right-click or
control-click on this to bring up the PopUp menu.  Choose
'Change "hjkl" to' and then choose the first item, "hulk", from the
sub-menu.  I find that nothing happens for a second or so, then the
PopUp menu re-appears.  I make the same choices, and then the behavior
depends on how I started vim:  if (1), then "hjkl" is replaced by
"hulk"; if (2), there is a long pause and then a crash.

     Can anyone else reproduce this?

                                        --Benji Fisher