On Fri, 26 May 2006, Juan Lanus wrote:

On 5/26/06, Gerald Lai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
My first assessment would be to check if
   C:\WINNT\system32\CMD.EXE
does exist. Does it?
Yes it does. I'm not at that PC now, but I assume it's there because I
can open DOS windows with the usual shortcut that points to
%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe
Also, when I use the :! syntax a DOS window containing the error shows.

I should have noticed that in the first place :)

Well, your problem is a real weird one. What happens when you start
cmd.exe manually and do

  > C:\WINNT\system32\CMD.EXE /c dir

?

Also try to recall the recent activities you've done on your PC system,
e.g., installing new software/hardware, windows update, the way you
installed Vim, etc. and generally keep a lookout for weird behavior.

Beyond this advice, there's not much a remote help can do unless you can
pinpoint what's wrong, or at least provide more information.

--
Gerald