You could check:

if bufnr("$") == 1 && !bufloaded(1)

this seems to be the case when it's first sourcing .vimrc, anyway.

On 5/26/06, Hari Krishna Dara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

One of my plugins was using the VimEnter autocommand to initialize some
of the values. The autocommand is added while the plugin is sourced, and
is removed when the autocommand is triggered. The problem with this
approach is that if the script is manually sourced *after* the vim
session is completely started, the autocommand will never fire. My
question is, is there a way for the plugin to detect if Vim is currently
in startup mode? I haven't found any v: variable to do this (like
v:dying), any there is no built-in function either.

--
Thanks,
Hari