Hello,

* On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 07:43:19PM -0700, Suresh Govindachar <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I can type ":find " (with space) and hit tab to see the list of files
> in the present directory.  If I know there is an 'o' in the file's
> name, I can type ":find *o*" and hit tab to see all files (in some
> search path that includes the present directory) with 'o' in their
> name;  etc.  Sorry I can't give you the specific details to set things
> up this way.

Setting 'path' should be enough. 'wildignore' does also have some
interesting impacts. And there is also an option, which I don't remember
the name, that automatically appends the file extension when not
specified.

Lately, I've enhanced my plugin SearchInRuntime, (#229 on SF IIRC) to
define some new commands that, like :find, search for files in 'path',
and also:
- ask us which file to open (if several match)
- (v)split-open in a new windows the file chosen.

Now, I set my 'path' on a projects basis. And quite exclusively use
SearchInRuntime and a.vim to search and open my projects files.

--
Luc Hermitte
http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/