Hello,

* On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:46:28PM +0800, Eddy Zhao <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The plugin could considerably speedup file accessing performance,
> especially when I'm maintaining a large wiki docbase. So I really
> want to know
>   - if vim have equivalent plugin like ido.el
>   - if not, is there any simple way to achieve the same effect in
> vim? (don't want to explicitly edit directory and locate file)

I'm not sure this is what you are looking for, but just in case...
I'm maintaining a plugin [1] that provides facilities (commands
actually) to apply commands (Ex commands) on files found in various
lists of directories ($PATH, &runtimepath, &path, or anything
specified).

Amongs the commands I provide, there are two that look for a file in
&path, and split-open (horizontally or vertically) a new window with the
file found.

If several files match (a glob pattern is expected), a dialog box asks
for the file to open. If the file is already opened in a window, the
window gains the focus.
Command completion is supported for the filenames.

HTH,

[1] searchInRuntime.vim. It should be the plugin #229 on SF.
--
Luc Hermitte
http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/