From: Tim Chase <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: delete lines
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:22:27 -0500

> > is it also possible to enable the backspace key in normal mode --
> > the delete key is working in normal, so why should I miss the
> > backspace key ?
>

> :nnoremap <BS> X
>
> (all typed literally with greater-than and less-than signs included)
>
> should do the trick.
>
> -tim

with this I cannot cross lines (delete $ between line <n+1> and line
<n> coming from line <n+1> while backspacing and it is not possible to
delete the last (or in other words the first char after ^ ) char of a
line.

...and after a while the cursor jumps:

Suppose there are lines n til n+5

all lines are filled with ascii-chars.

enter normal mode

goto line <n+5>'s $

Hit backspace until there is one char /undeleteabnle this way) left
goto line <n+4>'s $
hit backspace
--> the cursor jumps to the last (one and only lonely) char in line
<n+5>

damn is that complicate to use backspace in vim...hadn't exspected
that... ;)

Any other trick ?

-mcc