* On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 09:51:31AM -0700, Chuck Mason <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> While I'm still new here, I would like to share my "version" based on
> Yakov's.  Below uses "\\" directory separator so this will not work on
> any *nix.

Use instead match on '[/\\]', or fnamemodify()

> I could make it more os-independent by doing an `if' and `let
> cmdsep=whatever', but I'm positive there's a better way to do it.  Or
> maybe there's just a way to chop off the topmost directory name from a
> string. In any case, the function below simply seeks to the root of
> the filesystem searching for a _lvimrc and stops after finding one.

Check for instance
<http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/ressources/vimfiles/plugin/local_vimrc.vim>.
Several unusual cases are taken into account.

BTW, I do not need to backslash spaces with win32-vim on XP.
(:h escape() to backslash characters)

--
Luc Hermitte
http://hermitte.free.fr/vim/