On 2006-10-16, Ajay Gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to compile vim70 on my 'newly installed' fc4 box. But I
> get the following error:
>
> <snip>
> checking for stack_t... (cached) yes
> checking whether stack_t has an ss_base field... no
> checking --with-tlib argument... empty: automatic terminal library selection
> checking for tgetent in -lncurses... (cached) yes
> ncurses library is not usable
> checking for tgetent in -ltermlib... no
> checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
> checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
> no terminal library found
> checking for tgetent()... configure: error: NOT FOUND!
>      You need to install a terminal library; for example ncurses.
>      Or specify the name of the library with --with-tlib.
> </snip>
>
> Anybody has any ideas what I need to do? I tried updating libncurses
> using 'yum install curses'. Updation completed successfully with the
> following message:
>
> <snip>
> Updated: ncurses.i386 0:5.4-19.fc4
> Complete!
> </snip>

Note that the messages say that configure is checking for tgetent in
termlib, termcap and curses.  They say nothing about checking in
ncurses.  If you want to use ncurses, you have to tell configure
that:

    ./configure --with-tlib=ncurses [<other options>]

As long as you installed ncurses in a standard place, you don't need
to say where you put it.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                 | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]     | Wireless Division