[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[...]
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for my ignorance but I've never heard of kvim before.
>
> Is it a Vim implementation with Qt GUI? I see from Vim source of no
> evidence of that. It does not seemed to be available in Official Vim 7.0
> source. (No Qt or KDE option for GUI selection in the Makefile)

kvim used to be a KDE project to develop a Vim GUI based on Qt widgets. You
can test for it by means of has("gui_kde"), which tests TRUE in those obsolete
builds only, and FALSE in all other Vim builds. Its 'guifont' format was
incompatible with the format used by all other flavours of gvim. That project
was occasionally mentioned on the vim-dev list a year or two ago, but it has
now been abandoned (at some point between Vim 6.2 and 6.3 IIUC).

> How do you home-made a kvim? (I currently compiled it with Gtk2 lib, but I
> do like a Qt version if possible).

How do I home-make a kvim? I don't. I still have a 6.2.14 version of kvim but
what I normally use is Vim 7 with Gnome2 GUI (i.e., GTK2 and GNOME). The
advantage (for me) over plain GTK2 is that it saves its session transparently
when I close the kde window manager. It is enabled by the --enable-gnome-check
option to configure (or by "export CONF_OPT_GUI='--enable-gnome-check'" [with
the single quotes and without the double quotes] in bash prior to running
"make config" or "make reconfig").