Might be easier on the user to use the 'negative captcha' idea floating
about online:

Put a hidden form field called "email", "phone", "login" or some such
that a bot is likely to fill and use CSS to hide it.  A human won't see
it, but a bot will (ignoring CSS).  If the field ends up containing a
value, it must have been filled by a bot; ignore the tip/note
submission.

Not foolproof, but it'll probably work here.

Salman.