Jürgen Krämer wrote:
Hi,

A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
Eric Leenman wrote:
I read on the script that I need to follow the 6 points mentioned.
[...]
What I did:
Download the zip file:
And stored
workspace.txt is stored in C:\Program Files\Vim\vimfiles\doc
                                                   ^^^^^^^^
workspace.vim C:\Program Files\Vim\vimfiles\plugin
                                      ^^^^^^^^
Is this OK?
No. These directories are only for what comes bundled with Vim. You should not change anything there, because any upgrade (maybe tomorrow, maybe next year) may silently undo whatever changes you had made.

sorry to correct you, Tony, but I think you missed the "vimfiles" part of
those paths. C:\Program Files\Vim\vimfiles is used for system-wide
configuration files, not for files bundled with Vim.
[...]

Oops. Right. It's C:\Program Files\vim\vim70 (and its contents) that you shouldn't touch.

Confession is good for the soul only in the sense that a tweed coat is
good for dandruff.
                -- Peter de Vries