On 3/26/07, Michael Wookey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have the following  in my .vimrc:

    filetype plugin indent on
    autocmd FileType c,h,cpp,hpp,cs setlocal cindent number cursorline

If I have a new buffer and set the filetype as follows, everything works
just fine:

    :set filetype=c

However, if I have a new buffer and I set the filetype like this, the
autocmd doesn't fire:

    :set filetype=c.doxygen

This syntax is described in:

    :help 'filetype'

Which line/paragraph ? Can you paste a n excerpt ? I don;t have
it in my filetype.txt doc. I have vim7.188 and I don't have this functionality.

About year ago I suggested such syntax  -- 'set filetype=TYPE.SUBTYPE'
-- but I don't think it was accepted. I think vim does not have this.
Or is it some recent addition I'm not aware of ?

Yakov