Thank you very much, Swaroop! This is (almost) the answer to my
unrequested feature for spell checking, specially for gettext message
catalogs (po files).

I tried editing the improved po.vim syntax script
(http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=913) and figured out
a 95% good solution, which is adding ",@Spell" to the end of line 35.
Now only the translations are checked, not the original messages. This
is great, because I can really stop and look at what is marked as
misspelled.

The catch is: accelerator keys, like "F" in _File or &File, aren't
included in the word as far as it concerns the spell checking. I.e.,
vim will try to check the spelling of "ile" instead of "File". The
syntax file defines a different color for the accelerator keys, to
make them more easily recognizable.

Could I have the best of both worlds, highlighting the accelerator
keys differently and still counting them as part of the word for spell
checking?

I'm sorry to ask for assistance, but I don't know vimscript (would
learn, but don't have the time to) and the syntax file author said he
won't have time for it. (The last update was more than a year ago.)

Thanks!

Leonardo Fontenelle

2007/5/21, Swaroop C H <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> When programming, I have to turn the spelling check off. Or it will
> show a lot of spelling "mistakes" in the code. I'd like to apply
> spelling check for sentences within the comment blocks only. Is it
> possible to configure VIM to do this?

See :help spell-syntax

Best,
Swaroop