Ben Schmidt wrote:
> Alexei Alexandrov wrote:
>> Err... I'll play with it, thanks! But I just realized that I don't like
>> --remote-send since it doesn't create a new Vim instance in case when no
>> server is running yet...
>>
>> Keeping thinking and trying...
>
> If not on Windows, perhaps an autocommand to automatically raise Vim
> whenever it opens a file? In .vimrc:
>
> augroup AutoForeground
> au!
> au BufReadPost * :call foreground()
> augroup END

I didn't mean raising, I meant creating a new Vim remote server if one
doesn't exist yet. This is what "silent" means in the names of some of
those command line arguments.

Anyway, I think I end up with

gvim --remote-tab-silent "+cfile build.log" build.log

for now. It seems to do what I need with a "nice" side effect of opening
the build log in a separate tab. Well, maybe it's actually nice since I
do need to take a look at the log itself sometimes...

We'll see. Thanks for your help, BTW!

--
Alexei Alexandrov