In case, that subject will not be correctly recognized by mail
clients, I'm trying to continue old thread "In Windows, :ruby
command is not works around socket" [1]:

1 Jul., 04:00 todesking wrote:
> I found a ruby command's bug on Windows VIM.
>
> :ruby require 'open-uri'
> :ruby open('http://google.com/')
>  => SocketError: `initialize': getaddrinfo: non-recoverable
> failure in
> name resolution.
> :ruby open('http://66.249.89.147')
>  => vim dies

I can confirm that bug still persist in recent VIM (7.2, Included
patches: 1-69).

I can confirm as well, that proposed patch fixes that (I have
modified this according Bram's proposal with initialization of
argc = 1 and removing typecasting).

--
Anton

[1] Original thread "In Windows, :ruby command is not works
around socket"

 http://groups.google.com/group/vim_dev/browse_thread/thread/528607752ef92e68