On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 11:49, StarWing<weasley...@sina.com> wrote:

> On 7月17日, 下午4时39分, Nikolai Weibull <n...@bitwi.se> wrote:

>> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 01:00, StarWing<weasley...@sina.com> wrote:

>> > IMHO, Vim has several issues:
>> >  - it has separate Eval system and Inner implement. so you can't
>> >    simply use script to hand all state of Vim.

>> It’s not as flexible as elisp, no.

> But it can be.

No, not really.  Not until it gets things like real anonymous
functions, access to a lot more low-level stuff, and so on.

I once wrote a patch to add a getpwnam() wrapper.  Bram rejected it on
the basis that it wouldn’t be useful enough to warrant the addition.
I don’t agree, as I needed it for ftplugin/changelog.vim, but I
respect his view on it.

>> True, but, as already stated, fixing that is going to basically
>> require a complete overhaul of the Vim source code.

> that's really a long boring job, is it?

Yes?

> But Why you can use perl patterns to match paren? because it support
> recursive in pattern, and you can integration codes into patterns.

You’re talking about Perl 6’s grammar functionality.  They’re
definitely not regular.

>> > and file pattern & text pattern has different format.
>>
>> So?  That’s to be expected.

> That makes code complex, maybe a interchangeable flexable regex engine
> is better?

How much code can there be that handles the file pattern stuff?
Matching file patterns is easy.

> Is it important in your mind? I think it's funny and powerful.

Without semantics, syntax is unimportant.