Can someone who was involved in the addition of changelog_entry_prefix
please look at this.  I can’t remember what the deal was.  Thanks!

(The version in the Mercurial repository has the correct date, by the way.)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alexandre Fournier <alexandre.fourn...@echo.fr>
Date: Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 15:10
Subject: changelog.vim
To: n...@bitwi.se

Hello Nikolai,

First of all, thanks a lot for writing the ft-changelog script.
It is exactly what we were looking for our dev environment, and it was
already there in most of our machines.

That said, I haven't figured out exactly what happened there
and why, but I have been struggling for a while with the changelog.vim
file

I am running a debian squeeze (testing) distribution that ships vim 7.2.438.
The changelog.vim file found in my system is tagged: " Latest
Revision:  2009-05-25. (file attached)

In that version of the file, it seems that new_changelog_entry() is
called with an argument from openchangelog(), whereas it signature shows
no arguments. This has caused some errors on my system which were
easily fixed by just removing the argument.

I tried to check the svn to see if that was already fixed, but to my
surprise,

 svn co https://vim.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/vim/vim7

yields a file tagged from " Latest Revision:  2007-05-2".
I am not aware of the vim development process, and the version of vim
that I use might have been "updated" by the debian people, so maybe
this is normal anyway.

In any case, maybe removing the argument from the call would be nice
for all vimers here.

Thanks again,

A. Fournier

--
Alexandre Fournier
Ingénieur SII Pour France Telecom - Orange -