On Tue, August 13, 2013 01:00, Einar Lielmanis wrote:
> Encrypted file contents are destroyed, if something (e.g autocmd)
> triggers write event, while user is being asked for password.
>
> To repro:
> 1. have an encrypted.txt ready (:X)
> 2. gvim, :au focuslost * w
> 3. :e encrypted.txt, don't type in the password yet,
> 4. lose window focus, e.g via switching to another window, to trigger
>    the focuslost event,
>
> Expected:
> The file hasn't changed, so it should stay unmodified,
>
> Actual behavior:
> encrypted.txt is truncated to a zero size.

I don't see this. Using Vim 7.4 on Windows I get
vim -u NONE -N -i NONE
:au FocusLost * w
:e encrypted.txt
(change Focus)
Error detected while processing FocusLost Auto commands for "*":
E505: "c:\temp\encrypted.txt" is read-only (add ! to override)
"c:\temp\encrypted.txt" [crypted] 2L, 13C

In any case, the file is *not* written.

If you used au FocusLost * :w! the file is indeed truncated
but even then after entering the correct password Vim can read
the encrypted file (but you would need to make sure
you have written the file or else you would be left with an empty
file).

regards,
Christian