On So, 27 Okt 2013, Alexander Shukaev wrote:

> I've stumbled across the issue with syntax highlighting. Rather than
> rewriting, I'll post a link to the question on Stack Overflow: Vim: Syntax
> Highlighting Doesn't Work with Recursive `nextgroup` Across Newlines When
> Contained<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19614494/vim-syntax-highlighting-doesnt-work-with-recursive-nextgroup-across-newlines>
> as there is code formatting. If it is absolutely necessary, I can repost it
> here, just tell me. Please, take a look at this.

Please include a short description of the error in the mail, so one
doesn't need to look up an error by starting a web browser.

If I see this correctly, you are wondering why this:

#v+
syntax match MyComment '#.*$' contains=A

syntax match A 'a' nextgroup=B skipwhite skipnl
syntax match B '#\=\s*\zsb' contained nextgroup=B skipwhite skipnl

highlight default link A Type
highlight default link B Error
highlight default link MyComment Comment
#v-

Doesn't match the second line in:

# a b b b
# b b

If I understand it correctly, I see no reason, why your comments should
highlight the 'b' as you do not have the group 'B' contained inside the
MyComment syntax match. (e.g. you are missing a leading 'a' in the
second line).

Best,
Christian
--
Es gibt Menschen, die geizen mit ihrem Verstand wie andere mit ihrem
Geld.