On Thu, November 7, 2013 03:26, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> Thanks.  Are you scared of the number 100? :-)

kind of. The more tests we add, the harder it is to find one, that can
be used for adding more tests. So I figured, it would make sense, to
give them more meaningful names, so one can make an educated guess
from the name what they are about.

Plus, it prevents name clashes and allows to easier handle local
patches. I have a bunch of local patches laying around, that each
wants to add test100.in and .ok and once I go through my patch queue,
it gets more and more likely, that a patch can't be applied, because
of that.

BTW: is there a reason, not to make the Test Makefile use wildcard
expansion to find all relevant tests? (i.e. something like this:

SCRIPTS = $(subst in,out,$(wildcard test*.in))

Well, I just see, this would need a couple of more changes, to exclude
the test*a.in files, but should be reasonable, I think.
(Not sure if this is really workable on non GNU Systems).

regards,
Christian