--- the pickle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 23:44 -0600 on 16/08/01, Steve Conrad wrote:
>
> >>Ok, I've had enough and now I have to add my $.11.
>  Why are you
> >>bothering with Linux?  NetBSD is the one to go
> with on 68k Macs.
> >>I've put it on my IIci and Q800 and both run
> flawlessly.  Why go with
> >>linux?  NetBSD is a mature UNIX for 68k Macs.  The
> only drawback to
> >>it is the non-support for the oddball machines,
> IIvx and Q950, and
> >>non-FPU Quadra/Centris/LC machines.  For further
> reference try here:
> >>
> >>http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/
> >>Randy
> >>
> >>OS X - UNIX for the rest of us
> >>NetBSD - I got it up and running!
> >

> >Or be a true 100% Apple supporter and go with A/UX
>  *Ducks*
>
> Rather ironic, I must say, that the only way to get
> A/UX off the 'net
> requires a peecee to burn the necessary install
> CD...

Oh, I dunno about that. I snagged A/UX off that
german site posted here a while back, they're
Toast images. I have them archived on a CD-R.
::shuffles through 104 CD case::
Nope, left that one at home. I should bring it to work
and burn them with Toast 5.0.1.

=====
"The earth swarms with inhabitants. Why then should nature,
which is fruitful to an excess here, be so very barren in
the rest of the planets?" Bernard de Fontenelle, 1686
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
My ICQ# 16024947