On Friday, April 5, 2002, at 08:53 AM, David Wood wrote:

> It's been years since I had an ocassion to zap PRAM on any of my Macs
> and
> that was on my original Mac LC. However, it seems as if I recall that it
> also wiped and reset some info about the original date of service (or
> manufacture or some such), and zero'ed the number of hours of use.
> Anyone
> else seen that?

According to Tattle Tech (I don't know why I didn't try it before - it's
fantastic) thi is nit the time of manufacture and hours of use, it is
the time since the PRAM was last zapped and hours of use since said.
After all how do you expect it to remember when it was built if your
clear the only sustained RAM on the computer? You can't keep it hard
coded on a ROM, you'd have to do them one at a time or at least a days
worth at a time, which ain't conducive to mass production....

--

Mark Benson

Vintage Macs List Nanny
aka
        silicon_valley_pirate_uk (Yahoo! Messenger)
        SilValleyPirate (AOL Instant Messenger)
Visit Flat Pack Macs Online at:
<http://fpm.gotdns.com>
Macintosh LC central