On Thursday, April 11, 2002, at 01:04 AM, the pickle wrote:

> A few PC-specific modems simply cannot be made to work on Macs.  USR
> is a
> good manufacturer, however, and should work fine.  One note: £65 is a
> bit
> pricey for a 56K serial modem.

Find me a cheaper on in the UK that is guaranteed to work on a Mac from
a reputable reseller and I'll buy it. It may be expensive to you guys
oer there but we have to pay a little thing called VAT, at 17.5%, on
computer stuff here. That was including shipping, at £4 (24hr) as well.
I am planning to buy a bit stuff at once (mac to VGA adapter and a new
Mac DB-25 to Din-8 Modem cable as it's a PC modem package) which will
take the lot up to around £76 in total. Looks like the IIci might go on
the back burner :(.

Anyone have a USR 56k Serial Faxmodem? I'd like any reports if
possible :).

--

Mark Benson

Vintage Macs List Nanny
aka
        silicon_valley_pirate_uk (Yahoo! Messenger)
        SilValleyPirate (AOL Instant Messenger)
Visit Flat Pack Macs Online at:
<http://fpm.gotdns.com>
Macintosh LC central