I've got this purple color to my Mac IIci screen.. what the heck is that?! It just all of a sudden started doing this.

Thomas Burns

----- Original Message ----- From: "Darren" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Vintage Macs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: SE/30 uses

Doug McNutt wrote:
At 23:23 +0000 10/19/04, Andy Palmer wrote:

I've recently acquired a SE/30 8Mb with ethernet card and am considering various options to put it to use:

Your SE/30 will run at least system 7.5.5. You'll need the Connectix Mode 32 INIT.

I currently use one as my main file server for a G4 running OS neXt, An 8500 running OS 9.1, a IIFX running OS 7.5.3, and an Intel box running Red Hat Linux.

It is FTP enabled using Stairways' NetPresence to support Linux access. The lady friend also gets access via ftp from her Windoze box and a Mac powerbook running OS neXt.. We talk to each other by posting files on the SE/30.

An old Mac II chassis, with nothing but the power supply enabled, houses four SCSI disks which are partitioned to give a few gigs of space available to the "group". By booting the SE/30 from an external disk I can easily have a spare sitting right beside it. Actually, since I learned to replace the electrolytic capacitors, I haven't used it.

For a while the SE/30 also used its serial port to record caller-ID data from the telephone line using a modem and some terminal software.

Didn't we catch this the second time you sent it Doug? Having some problems?