----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeff Walther" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Vintage Macs" <vintage.macs@mail.maclaunch.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 3:45 AM
Subject: Re: TokaMac Drivers

> >From: "Powermac" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Re: TokaMac Drivers
> >Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 03:07:56 -0400
>
> >>   From the Classic Computer List:
> >>
> >>  At 11:23 -0500 09/07/2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>
> >>  >Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 08:58:32 -0700
> >>  >From: Barry A Dobyns <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>  >Subject: Re: Rare IIfx Accelerator?
> >>
> >>  >The Tokamac was designed and sold by my good buddy (and best man at
my
> >>  >wedding 20 years ago) Andrew Donoho, and he keeps up a web page for
it at
> >>  ><http://www.ddg.com/TokaMac/index.html>
> >>  >
> >>  >-barry
>
> >The link to the drivers does not work... still looking. Somebody must
have a
> >copy somewhere (no reply from the website, I emailed them already).
>
> And I emailed Barry Dobyns to see if he thought Andrew might help,
> but have not heard back.
>
> I also tried the Way Back Machine, but the FTP site on which the
> drivers were stored was not archived, unfortunately.
>
> Google searching on Fusion Data Systems does not reveal a website
> URL.  I suspect that FDS came and went before the html part of the
> WWW came along.  (Obviously, the FDS site would be long gone, but I
> hoped to feed a URL for FDS into the Way Back Machine and discover
> that the drivers were archived from that site.)
>
> Apparently the creator of the Tokamac lives in Austin.  I live here
> too.  I guess I could stalk the fellow.  However, I don't have a
> Tokamac my self and it's so undignified.
>
> Jeff Walther

Its a shame to let the driver get lost to time, anything made pre WWW is so
hard to track down these days. BTW I also tried www.archive.org to track
down a working FTP (same results).

About all I could come up with is some guys (in Japan) iDisk archive of the
IIci version of the software, which won't work on my IIfx.