I've been on these lists for a few months now and am
wondering if anyone was ever in my old position as a
school computer admin from back in the day. I got my
job in September 1992 and retired in August 2005 so I
could do more freelance consulting and repair.

Back when I started we had a ton of Classics, Pluses,
SEs, and LCs. In my last few years we got new personel
in our IT department (and Windows computers) and I
wound up being the only one who knew how to operate on
the older machines. My last job as an IT guy at my
school was to donate 100+ older Macs from Classics to
5200s to a charity. I left with the Macs, in other
words (but that wasn't a factor in my decision).

Being in a school position I not only had the hardware
and software experience in mass quantities (especially
in the high school where the machines got abused), but
I also got to try out a ton of academic software. This
is what I am curious to...there don't seem to be any
webpages dedicated to the history of Macintosh
educational software and I am wondering what other
people's opinions on the greatest software products
for 68000-68030 Macs are.

I like Super Solvers products (OutNumbered for math,
Midnight Rescue for reading) the best for elementary
kids. If anyone else has some experiences to share
about these programs (or if you were a student in the
late 80s-early 90s and you used these programs) let me
know...one of my projects is to put together that
"missing webpage" about Mac Education.

Scott