I always enjoyed [EMAIL PROTECTED], and the "lite" version does POP3 (can't
recall if
it does IMAP, though I'd assume so) well, at least for one account.  Runs
very fast on older Macs and has good features.  Recently when I got an old
PB 520 online I used Netscape's (v3 iirc) mail client -- there's an option
to have it boot up into the mail handler.  In spite of the fact that it's
really not so hot for browsing (Netscape 3 or the old Mac), having it boot
into the mail handler worked well, and allowed some simplistic html message
rendering.

YMMV, IANAL, LMNOP,

Ruffin Bailey