I'm arriving late in this discussion. Have you checked
the outputs of the power supply connector (while it's
plugged in or while it's not). I haven't touched a Mac
II in forever, but are you also checking the volatages
on the power pins of each ic? Of course that will
require some research if you don't have the tech
manual.
 Curious thought. What sort of
technical/troubleshooting manuals were there for the
early Macs, and where do you find them?

<http://www.mail-archive.com/vintage.macs%40mail.maclaunch.com/>