--- Jeff Walther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do NiMH batteries have the same memory phenomenon if
> not fully
> discharged as NiCd batteries do?  I might like to
> look at a NiMH
> replacement for my Outbound Laptop battery,

Nope, no problems with NiMH. Might want to fix it up
with a
snart charger that'll switch from full charge to just
a trickle
when it senses the cells are fully charged.

The so-called "memory effect" isn't a big problem.
Poke this

NiCd "memory effect"

into Yahoo for more info.

Do not try to replace the battery with Lithium Ion or
Lithium
Polymer Ion cells. Those require a complex charger
with a
thermistor to monitor the temperature of the cells.
Charging
them too fast will make them overheat and get ruined
or they
can even explode.

It will be total Fandemonium!
August (Fri) 4th, (Sat) 5th & (Sun) 6th, 2006
http://www.fandemonium.org