In a message dated 12/21/05 15:41:09, vintage.macs@mail.maclaunch.com writes:

<< --- Jeff Walther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do NiMH batteries have the same memory phenomenon if

> not fully

> discharged as NiCd batteries do?  I might like to

> look at a NiMH

> replacement for my Outbound Laptop battery,

Nope, no problems with NiMH. Might want to fix it up

with a

snart charger that'll switch from full charge to just

a trickle

when it senses the cells are fully charged.

The so-called "memory effect" isn't a big problem. >>

Looking at my conditioning charger for both AA/AAA NiMH and NiCd cells, the
instruction sheet suggests reconditioning(completely discharging) NiCd cells
each time they are inserted, while with NiMH cells it says
recondition/discharge
completely every several times.   So I am assuming memory effect for NiMH's
"isn't a big problem", but must still be considered.  On the other hand,
<http://www.batteryuniversity.com/partone-12.htm> seems to indicate the
opposite.

So, Jeff, will you be able to find the right sized NiMH battery to replace
the lead acid one in the Outbound Laptop?   Wonder if I could find the correct
size for my Outbound Notebook?

Cheers,
Saul Broudy
Philadelphia, PA