Just one more before Christmas.

When I was administering a large Mac network at a newspaper I had a little utility that I was sure was the most important thing on my computer(s).

The utility was Directory Assistance from Symantec. They quit supporting it about three system upgrades before my current 9.x but it still works. I looked hard for a replacement but couldn't find one.

The utility showed up in every 'Open' and 'Save' dialogue screen and did wonderful things. You had several options to change the order folders, documents and drives appeared in: By date, by size, by name, etc . . . You could also make a list of favorite documents or folders that were always there to go to. You could change the number of 'last used' documents and folders at will. You could delete, duplicate and find from that same dialogue window in any application.

I think the best thing it did was let you put the folders first or last in the list. (I tried in OS 10.3 but I changed the finder windows only and didn't find an option to show the list by date nor the dialogues in any other program.)

So is there anything that sweet, and simple, for OS 10? I'm spending a lot of time moving around on the desktop looking for stuff and finding places to put stuff.

Ron 'Hollywood' Parro ;>{)  http://www.greality.com/Hollywood/
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has."
        — Margaret Mead (1901-1978), American Anthropologist.