I have started a route in the middle, but, since I am not using Sound Scape
right now, I cannot tell you what to do. I believe I went to the route and
double tapped the marker where I wanted to start.

Just using a marker with out a route is similar to using Ariadne GPS. It will
constantly tell you the direction and distance to the marker if you have set it
as a beacon. Obviously you will not have intermediate markers and direction on
the way. Also, it the constant dinging in your ears drives you nuts, just push
the stop button on your headphones or whatever you are using and the app will
only give you the distance to the beacon about every fifty feet or so.
Thomas Frank
vermont...@gmail.com