Yes, Big Calc Free works very well with VoiceOver on the iPad.  It may be
because there is an in-app purchase option to use this as a talking calculator
that the accessibility is so good.  Of course, you don't need to purchase that
option.  And when I said that you could check the contents of the memory
register by simply touching the key for it on the keypad, I meant exactly that:
a blind VoiceOver user who starts adding items to the memory register will find
that once there are numbers in the memory register its key label on the keypad
updates to the register contents, so touching that key now gives the number in
that register instead of "MR".

The only thing is that you need to double or split tap keys to enter numbers.

Sorry I pasted in the App Store URL again for the mail archive post with my
detailed description:
• Re: Calculator for iPad
http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone%40googlegroups.com/msg59283.html
The App Store link is:
Big Calculator Free (free iPad app) by Tioga Designs LLC
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/big-calculator-free/id374174252?mt=8

You could also try VOCalc, which is a paid app, for $0.99, I think

Cheers,

Esther