On 11-02-24 10:32 AM, calvin.mor...@comcast.net wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I'm finding that VirtualGL has been working well with most graphics
> applications I've tried under Linux, and even with pretty decent
> performance.
>
> I have been running several Windows applications using wine and
> VirtualGL (Games and other graphic applications) with decent success
> (usually the same as running on a native workstation). However, all
> versions of Wine newer than 1.3.10 (which includes 1.3.11 - 1.3.14) have
> started crashing with the following error:
>
> X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> Major opcode of failed request: 136 (GLX)
> Minor opcode of failed request: 16 (X_GLXVendorPrivate)
> Resource id in failed request: 0x1c00007
> Serial number of failed request: 0
> Current serial number in output stream: 99

To figure this out we'd need to know which VendorPrivate call it is, and
which window ID it's using.  To figure that out you can try Xscope[1],
but I'm not sure it decodes GLX.  Otherwise a new WireShark trace will
decode GLX for you.  When you take your trace run VirtualGL with
VGL_TRACE=1 so we can easily match up the window IDs in the trace with
what VGL thought was going on.

-Nathan

[1]
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg-announce/2009-October/001072.html