I think I did not explain it properly, actually I could not explain it worst
(also, I rethought some things) :)

I would like to have a server for render the graphics and then a
platform-dependent client. Then, I should have something independent of X11
and this way I could run my app in some platforms that do not run with X11.
So, basically I will use VGL just for the server part (read the buffer,
optimize everything that can be optimized, compress the image) and then send
the image through a socket, the client would receive it and show it on it.
That is what I would like to have.

But like you say this can be difficult with VirtualGL as it is now. What I
have thought is to have the 3D app running on "local" (on the server) and it
will send the images to the client and the interaction should be between the
client and the server (the 3D app at the same time) using special commands,
this means that the app server and client are conscient of VirtualGL (not
transparent anymore). I have a mess with all of this but this is the unique
solution I've found, I would like something more transparent to the client
and the server but I am aware this could be difficult.

I hope now it's more clear of what I'm trying to do

and thank you again!