On 8/22/13 10:04 AM, John Clyne wrote:
> The Quadro 2000, and I think the 550, are based on the older Fermi
> architecture. I wanted to get confirmation that ViritualGL was supporting the
> newer Kepler based products. I would think Kepler-Quadro would be supported,
> but the Tesla cards target computation, not graphics. And the nVidia Grid is
> a brand new product that apparently has some form of integrated remote viz
> capabilities.

Yeah, you're referring to VGX.  I am keenly interested in knowing more
about it, but specific information is hard to find.  It seems to require
Citrix XenServer, and it is basically providing a mechanism for either
assigning a full GPU or a "vGPU" (portion of a shared GPU) to a
particular virtual machine.  I heard a rumor through one of my customers
that Linux guests aren't currently supported-- only Windows, but if
anyone knows more about it, please share.

It unfortunately isn't anything that we could take advantage of with
VirtualGL at the moment, but I really wish nVidia, ATI, etc. would play
nice and produce an EGL interface for accessing their cards' rendering
capabilities without an X server.  It would make my job a hell of a lot
easier.  Wayland may necessitate them doing that.

Anyhow, you guys know more about supporting VGL on headless devices than
I do.  I can only afford a Quadro 600 to play with.