Having fully implemented the X RANDR extension in the evolving build, I
did not see any way to implement server-side scaling as part of that
feature.  X RANDR scaling does seem to be a hardware-specific thing, so
we would have to minimally emulate it in the VNC code, as well as
supporting a newer version of X RANDR.  That's a pretty major undertaking.

Such a feature seems like it is less useful now that you can dynamically
resize the server's desktop to any arbitrary geometry.