On 23/03/15 12:40, Dr. Roman Grothausmann wrote:
> With -DVGL_FAKEXCB=1 programmatical resizes now work (using vglconnect or
> within
> VNC session), but resizing the Qt5 window with the mouse or using maximize
> still
> leads to artefacts. Do You have any idea what could be the reason for this?

I just found on
http://svn.code.sf.net/p/virtualgl/code/tags/2.4/doc/index.html#hd0015
that vglrun has a +xcb option which is needed for this to work (an option
vglrun
-h does not list). With +xcb resizing the Qt5 window with the mouse or using
maximize works as well.

Cheers,
Roman

> On 17/03/15 21:17, DRC wrote:
>> Rebuild VirtualGL 2.4 from source with -DVGL_FAKEXCB=1.
>>
>> This will be automatic in the next major release, but since the issue
>> was discovered after 2.4 went into beta, I felt it best to isolate the
>> new code.  Furthermore, libxcb is a more rapidly-changing API/ABI than
>> Xlib or GLX, so an XCB faker built for one platform won't work on all
>> platforms.  We are going to have to develop some sort of dynamic loading
>> mechanism for it, which will take some time.  For now, please build your
>> own custom version for whichever server platform you need to support.
>>

>> On 3/17/15 9:19 AM, Dr. Roman Grothausmann wrote:
>>> Dear mailing list members,
>>>

>>> Are there any known problems of VirtualGL with Qt5?
>>> I'm working on a project (extensions to ITKSnap:
>>> https://github.com/pyushkevich/itksnap/pull/1) which has just recently
>>> moved to Qt5 and since then it seems that windows resizes do not work
>>> properly any more (new regions in the program stay black or contain
>>> artefacts, see *01.png) if the program is run with vglrun. Neither
>>> resizing the main window with the mouse, nor maximize, nor
>>> programmatical resizing works, this being the biggest problem, because
>>> the program does so for specific modes, one of these is the extension I
>>> work on.
>>> If I compile and run the application on my desktop PC everything works
>>> as expected (see *02.png). However, if run from a server with otherwise
>>> functioning VirtualGL it does not work, nor if recompiled on the server.
>>> It does work on the server for older versions of ITKSnap that build with
>>> Qt4.
>>> All together it gives me the impression the problem comes from the
>>> combination of VirtualGL with Qt5.
>>>
>>> Many thanks for any help or hints how to solve this.
>>> Roman

>> Dive into the World of Parallel Programming The Go Parallel Website,
>> sponsored
>> by Intel and developed in partnership with Slashdot Media, is your hub for
>> all
>> things parallel software development, from weekly thought leadership blogs to
>> news, videos, case studies, tutorials and more. Take a look and join the
>> conversation now. http://goparallel.sourceforge.net/

Dr. Roman Grothausmann

Tomographie und Digitale Bildverarbeitung
Tomography and Digital Image Analysis

Institut für Funktionelle und Angewandte Anatomie, OE 4120
Medizinische Hochschule Hannover
Carl-Neuberg-Str. 1
D-30625 Hannover

Tel. +49 511 532-9574