Hi,

How is installing VirtualGL and then launching my application with 'vglrun'
fixing an x11grab (screen capture) overlay-flickering issue?  I came upon the
solution online, but with no explanation for why it works, and now I'm very
curious.

After pouring over the VirtualGL documentation, I've gathered that it's using
X11 Transport since the connection is local. If I were to hazard I guess: the
flickering (which was never visible on the monitor, just the captured video)
may've been caused by grabbing a frame from X11 before the GPU completely
rendered the overlays. And now that X11 Transport is painting full images with
XPutImage(), it can't grab mid-render anymore?

Is my explanation totally off-base?

I imagine running this way (vs. without VirtualGL) has at least a small
performance impact.  But if it's the best way to solve the issue, would be
worth it!

Chris Guinnup