Hello, all:

As stated before [1], this list cannot stay on its current mailman-2 system, so
am proceeding with moving this list to lists.linux.dev. The current plan is to
move it next week on November 7 around 10:30 AM PST (18:30 UTC).

Here's the impact of this change:

1. *The old address will continue to work*, so any existing conversations can
   continue and any new patches sent to the old list address will be properly
   delivered to list subscribers. The new canonical list address will be
   virtualizat...@lists.linux.dev.

2. All subscribers will be automatically moved to the new system, so no action
   is required on anyone's part to keep their subscription.

3. The archive on https://lore.kernel.org/virtualization/ will be
   automatically updated to track the new list address.

4. The List-ID header will change, regardless to which address the message is
   sent:

   before: List-Id: Linux virtualization
<virtualization.lists.linux-foundation.org>
    after: List-Id: <virtualization.lists.linux.dev>

5. The mailman footer will no longer be added to message bodies.

6. Subscribing and unsubscribing will be done using the mlmmj supported
   commands, described at https://subspace.kernel.org/subscribing.html

I believe this switch will not cause any significant disruption. Once the
switch is completed, I will submit a patch to MAINTAINERS to update all
entries with the old address.

Best regards,
-K

[1]