Drew Perttula wrote:
Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
Up to now, we've been running Jena, and the way we have solved this problem is to concatenate all literals, create a "sub:literals" property, and then freetext search this property. It works, but queries that returns a few hundred entries usually takes around 40 seconds.

Hi, you're obviously ahead of me in testing the RDF stores out there, so would you mind describing why you're looking at virtuoso instead of jena now? I gather it's mostly for speed-- are you seeing good speedups for the queries that you -have- figured out how to run?

thanks-
drew

Drew,

Please understand that Virttuoso and Jena aren't mutually exclusive things. Jena is a Framework and Virtuoso is a Quad Store. Unfortunately, lines of demarcation between Framework components haven't always been clear re. Jena, Sesame, and Redland, which has created a fair degree of confusion.

Virtuoso fundamentally provides Jena developers with a high-performance and scalable native graph model storage engine via the Virtuoso Storage Provider for Jena [1].

Links:

1. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VirtJenaProvider
2. http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VOSRDFDataProviders

--